Thursday, February 7, 2008

Hot Off the Presses!

So I got the "official" copy of my book last night. Very cool--stunning actually. The photo of the rope in in a matte finish, backed by stark, glossy white. On the spine, the title "The Lyncher in Me" stands alone with the faint shadow of a noose underneath. Looking inside the book, it's funny and a bit embarassing to see the photo of myself and Virginia Huston seated together (in summer of 2006), then comparing it to the author photo on the back flap (taken a year later). It's like a voting off episode of The Biggest Loser. What a difference 25 pounds makes. I sure could have done without that weight in that 104 degree Missouri heat, that's for sure. It's all exciting and scary as hell. But I'm so proud of the way the book has turned out--the endorsement quotes really lend an air of authenticity (Rebecca Walker's quote is wisely placed on the front cover, verically running adjacent the spine).

Last night, I sat down with my eldest son and showed it to him and it was great watching him beam as he looked at it. The parent of a teenager looks for those moments when their child allows a bit of admiration to escape the stoic, "whatever" demeanor...

No comments: