Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Ah, the Great Northwest


After a week in Minnesota, it was a relief to touch down in Seattle Sunday evening. This is no slight to Minnesota--the people I met there, those folks who shepherded me from place to place, the scenery and the food--were all wonderful. Old friends (and new ones) helped make me feel like their home was my home and I could feel the slightest sense of roots finding their ways down. Not in a sense of Minnesota being a home to me in any way, but a place that I can imagine returning and, in one way or another, feeling welcome.

The pictures above are from a couple moments along my tour. The spot at the microphone was during my interview at MPR, in the American Public Media building. What an amazing place. It was a great interview and I felt pretty on top of things, even though in the picture I look like I've had one pause too many with the traveling Pepsi can (some of you may not be able to make heads or tails of that reference, but my memories of high school Saturday nights at Harborview Park Beach brings the image to mind). I was in complete possession of my faculties; my eyes were just a little slow on the take.

The other picture is that of me and Don Claret, the grandson of Elmer Jackson's cousin. He came to two of my readings, and we were able to have dinner together both times. What a great guy. Who'd have thought we'd have become good friends? Full circle.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The corporategifts are distributed during events like seminars, meetings and conferences as a token gift. This impresses your clients and business associates who are eager to do business with such a professional firm that cares about the consumers and clients.