Thursday, April 3, 2008

Running on Fumes!

Man, oh man. Yesterday I was able to tape a short segment at KARE tv in Minneapolis, a 5 minute piece on a morning show called "Showcase Minnesota". It went well, but was very assembly line oriented, perfect for the ADD viewer. I shared time with Jodie Foster (via tape), some circus performers, baby farm animals, Ms. Senior Minnesota and a couple cast members from "High School Musical". In the afternoon, I talked to a classroom of nursing students at the College of St. Catherine.

Today, I taped a segment for "All Things Considered" at the MPR studios. I think it was local, but it may get picked up for the national show sometime. Perhaps. I just heard it on the radio and it came off pretty good; I didn't sound too boring or clueless.

My favorite one was this afternoon, talking live with Lori and Brian at FM107.1 with the "Drivetime Divas" show (Brian isn't one of the divas, but was sitting in for one). The conversation was really engaging, friendly and both announcers really worked to put me at ease. We had a great conversation, about 15 minutes long.

I just got an e-mail and talked to a person from the local public tv station who wants a short interview before I leave town. This basically leaves tomorrow morning, before I head to the airport. She's willing to pick me up here at the hotel at about 7:00 am, tape a quick 10 minute piece, then jet me to the airport. I really didn't want to schedule it, but I suppose that's what I'm supposed to do if I can, so be it.

In about an hour and a half, I'm off to my last reading here before heading to Duluth, then I need to talk over the phone with a Duluth reporter. I can't wait to get back to work on Monday so I can relax....

No comments: