Thursday, March 20, 2008

10 Days and Counting

In just over a week I'll be off to Minnesota to begin what is, essentially, my book tour. It's exciting, the best news being that Garrison Keillor is flying in to host the event for his store, Common Good Books. I'm still soaking that one in. Amazing.

I'm coming down with a cold and feel like my body's been drained of its blood and replenished with tar. My head is in a fog and I have no energy and the worst thing is that there is no way for me to take a day off or crawl into bed and sleep it off. Open house tonight at school, prepping for travel (not to mention we're still having a kitchen remodel going, so I can't very well sleep with construction going on in the house). My friend just got back from Cancun and two other friends are off to Puerto Vallarta, so my jealousy is raging. I'm confident that my turn in the tropics will come...

No comments: